Friday, July 18, 2008

Knitting and more remodel madness

Well, I went to my Knit2gether meeting yesterday. I stopped by Stacy's house to loan her my ball winder.

Argh!!! I just got one of those phone calls, you know, the one about my auto warranty expiring?!?!?! OMG! The guy had the nerve to ask me what year my car was, I said I wanted the harassing calls to stop because they have been coming twice a week and that I didn't think he could help me since my two cars are a 97 and an 89. He totally ignored the harassing call part and asked, "So, you don't want a warranty for your 97?" WTF?!?! So, I said, no, its an eleven year old car, I just want my number taken off the calling list and my address off the mailing list and I hung up. Talk about totally ignoring me.

Okay, back to knitting.

I talked with Stacy and her husband Kyle for a few minutes, I think I spaced off on them a couple times. I never realized how short Stacy was. She said she was 5'1" I think, but I guess I just didn't believe her. LOL! Sean, their son is absolutely adorable. I'm pretty sure he knows it too.

I got to Yaks Koffee early even with standing around talking with them for a bit. I set up my laptop and knitting before ordering Quiche Loraine and a cherry lemon aid. A half our after the normal start time Kerry came in. She has had a very rough couple weeks and hasn't been able to come.

We talked and she caught me up with everything that had been going on. The poor thing. Her Abyssinian kitty had 4 kittens after a $1000 vet bill. 3 of the 4 had to be c-sectioned out. The poor kitty. Turns out, her hips were just to narrow to have kittens. All the kittens are fine now and she is a good momma.

We talked and knit for quite a long time when I realized it was after 7pm and the newbie had not shown up yet. Don't know what is up with that, but anyway. Kelly and I left at 8 something, and I tried out my new handsfree device on the way home. It works better than the ear-piece I had before. It hangs from my visor instead of my ear. I don't know if I like it or not still, but it is better than the one Verizon Wireless sold me months ago.

While talking with Kelly, I worked on my Seascape stole. It was the first time I had worked on it since last weeks meeting. I think it has become my meeting knitting because I just have to many things that I need to work in instead of it. I haven't finished the pink laptop case for Ande yet. I can only seem to get a couple inches done a day and yesterday, I didn't work on it at all. If I knuckled down, I could probably finish it today, but I don't know. It doesn't help that Jasmin grabs the yarn all the time and wants to play.

I've decided that I am going to frog Cathy's scarf and start over. I found a pattern that is very similar to the one I was using, but it is narrower and looks just a bit better. I think she will be happier with it in the end.

Ted's socks.... I haven't touched them in ages. I want to finish Cathy's scarf first, then I will work on his socks. Joshua bought me a chart that tells me in inches how much knitting I have to do for each shoe size imaginable, so things are going to go much smoother now. Yay!!! Thank you Joshua!!!!

Stacy bought a sock/yarn blank for my birthday!!! We are going to have a yarn dying party soon, so that will be fun!!!

Not much else to say, I'm being kicked off the computer by mom. We still only have internet on one computer, so I'm stuck.


2 comments:

Stacy said...

Yes I am short, but they say dynamite comes in small packages! I think it is more obvious when I stand next to Kyle, who is 6'1". Thanks for letting me use the winder! I wound and wound and wound and...! Happy Birthday!

photogirl72 said...

Yeah, I didn't think about the fact that Kyle was tall, so that would make you look shorter yet. At our meetings, I never really thought of you as short. It was standing in your house with Kyle and Sean that I was like, "Whoa, she's short." LOL!

You are quite welcome. I remember fully what it was like to be without a ballwinder, and I never want to go through that again.