Thursday, November 13, 2008

More photos to share....

This is the first animal photo I took with the new camera. Bubba was just sitting in the front yard in front of one of the lavender shrubs. He picks the most bizarre places to nap. Silly cat. Cathy... remember the tiny scrawny cat in the carrier when I left OK? Well, this is him now.


This is Jasmin, but we are thinking she is a he, so we are just calling it Jazz for now. I think she/he is starting kitty puberty so we should know the actual sex soon. I really was hoping it was a girl, but I have a feeling its a boy. It even looks like a boy now....



Emma curls up into the tiniest balls I have ever seen. She looks like a little dog in this photo, but really she is a big coonhound. She only curls up like this when I don't build a fire for a day and let the house get a little chilly. Normally she stretches out to hog the whole bed. Granted, if you try to get in the bed with her, she stands up, looks offended and jumps down to go sleep on a couch in the living room.


Same dog, Emma. She is starting to show grey around the face. I am a little worried about her. Her owners tell me that she has cancer and it is only a matter of time. I pray that she doesn't go on my watch. I don't want to have to call them with the bad news and I don't want to see it. It will be hard enough with my own dog, let alone a dog I sit for and have become attached to.


And, here is Charlie I'm A Girl, known to most as just Charlie. This beautiful chocolate lab likes to follow other dogs outside and eat their fresh warm poop. And yes, she will then come in the house and burp in your face if you let her. Vile, disgusting dog. Oh and heaven forbid she get excited after eating the poop buffet, she will vomit. So freaking gross.

This is the bloom of Oak Root Fungus. Yes, basically they are mushrooms. Really, mushrooms are the bloom of the fungus that is growing under the ground. Anyway, the sky was really overcast and it had been raining off and on all the day before. I am not sure that I like the focus range of this photo. I am hoping that the fungus will still be there when I go house/dog sit this weekend. I want to bring my tripod and try to play with the apertures and stuff. I personally like a broad focal point so that everything in the photo is in focus to the eye, but for some reason the automatic settings on this new camera just don't allow for that unless you don't use the flash. This really bugs me to no end. There is no reason why I shouldn't be able to have total focus and still use the flash. This is going to bug me until I figure out how to adjust the settings.

My friend in Oklahoma is doing some faux stained glass painting. So far, what she has done is amazing. If you go to my profile page she is Questionably Worthwhile. Anyway, she has some pix posted of her work. You will see that she has a ton of talent in the horse department. I can't wait to see what else she comes up with.

My other friend has been feeling the need to clean and purge her home. I totally sympathize. I have a storage shed and a house full of stuff. I really need to roll up my sleeves and do some heavy cleaning and purging myself.

Well, I need to be working on my 3500 words for today, so I'm done gabbing for now.

No comments: