Sunday, February 22, 2009

Say it again

Yes, I'm saying it again... Stitches West 2009!!!!! Yay!!!!! I cannot begin to tell you how excited I am. I know that Stacy is super excited too. This will be her first trip without Kyle and Sean both. Anyway, I think it is. I think she said something about that. Man, my memory and listening skills are down the drain right now.

I don't have Versatility or my Sad Dragon socks done. I wanted them done for Stitches, but it just isn't going to happen. Oh well.

At least I will get to go to Stitches this year. Unlike previous years.

On another note. Jasmin is home and recovering nicely from her surgery. She's been scratching at herself a lot lately, so today she got her first flea and tick collar. She's not happy about it, but she will get over it. I'm hoping that this will also prevent anyone from taking her. The last cat we had spayed vanished two weeks after the fact. She came back for about a day and then was gone. I think someone took her into their home, she got out for a day and then they managed to get her back in again. So, Jasmin is stuck in the house for the next 10 days to make sure she sticks around, and to give her shaved belly a chance to grow back so maybe the neighbors won't take her on us because they can see she's been spayed. Jerks!

And mentioning surgery, Ted's dad is recovering from foot surgery. They cut into one of his toes to reshape it and take off calcium, and another toe they broke it to reset it. He was developing hammer toes. OUCH!! Ted tells me that his dad is bored out of his mind and is stuck sitting in the recliner with nothing to do. Poor guy. I really feel for him, my first knee surgery left me in bed and bored for a long time. It stinks!

Well, I better get moving. I have to go down to our barn and try to find a rubbermaid tote that had a lot of my negatives in it. Joy!

2 comments:

brownII2 said...

Yay, I am so happy and excited for you! Even though I don't knit, or anything like that, I'd still go hang out with you guys. I could have been your pack horse for the weekend! LOL!

BrownCoat said...

Hahaha! Yeah, it would have been nice to have someone help carry my purchases. Its okay, I'm going to try to get a good parking spot so I can take things to the trunk once in a while.

When are you going to send that tracing of your foot?