Thursday, February 19, 2009

Stitches West 2009!!!

In one week, Stacy and I will be heading off to Stitches West 2009. I am so excited I can almost smell the yarns that I want to see. I can almost feel the yarn in my hands. I can also see a maxed out credit card. Oh well.

In preperation for the trip, I plan to start putting lotion on my hands and arms. I am suffering a bought of dry skin right now and I don't want to be touching yarn with my dry skin.

It looks like I might get my Sad Dragon socks done before Stitches, which would be really cool. That way I could start Ted's socks and have them on the needles while we are at Stitches.

Have I said how excited I am that we are going to Stitches West 2009? Oh... yeah, I guess I did. You see, I really wanted to go to Stitches West 2008, but I couldn't afford it back then at all. I was driving an explorer that only got 14 miles to the gallon and I didn't have a job, so I wouldn't have been able to buy any yarn anyway. So, this year Stitches West 2009 is actually a reality and I'm just so excited.

After Stacy and I get back from Stitches West 2009, I plan to start putting away $55.00 a month for Stitches West 2010. I want to be able to attend the full whammy. You see, Stitches West isn't just about yarn and shopping. There are knitting, crochet, spinning and weaving classes. There is a banquet and a fashion show. I want to do it all. Oh, and those that sign up for classes get to shop at Stitches a day early for a few hours. I have heard the vendors offer special discounts for those that are taking classes at Stitches West. I am a little bummed that Stacy and I could not afford to take classes this year, but maybe next. I know I am going to be planning for it.

So, Stitches West 2009 is really only exciting to those that love yarn and the craft of creating something from string.

Soooo, in honor of Stitches West 2009, I will give an 8x10 print of your choosing from my deviant art gallery to the first person to comment on this blog with the correct number of times I say "Stitches West 2009".

My Deviant art gallery is HERE. If you tell me how many times I've said Stitches West 2009 correctly I will send you a message asking for your mailing address so that I can send you a print.

Stitches West 2009 countdown.... 7 days 6 hours and 41 minutes..... Yay!!!

2 comments:

Liane said...

9X? Not including your post title! Am I seriously the first to comment?? Your art is gorgeous--
I'm hoping to go to the market on Sat, all depends on if my husband is willing to watch the kids.
lcastillo22 @ hotmail.com

BrownCoat said...

Liane! You are a Winner!!! :D I've sent you and email, hopefully hotmail doesn't junk mail me.