Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Gardening is fun, hard work

Okay, so we aren't done with the daylillies yet. The spot where mom is digging a trench to put them in isn't being very cooperative. The rocks are more than I want to even think about right now. Yes, I do have a photo...


See all those rocks? Well, that isn't all of them. Those only came from the first few inches, for the daylillies, we need to go 6 inches down. Sucks really. My poor mom is doing the most of the work with this one. I just don't have the energy or strength to do it. I do try to help though, while she is digging and prying I will pick out the rocks and toss them in a pile.

Yep, that is mom working away while Don sits there petting his cat. Yes, the animal hating man has a cat that is his. Don't let that fool you, if something happened to her, he would not take her to the vet. No, Don does not help with the yard work. He does take all the credit for it though. Jerk!

Mom and I do 90% of all the yard work around here. The only time Don helps is when trees have been cut and he doesn't want to wait for us to get around to it. LOL!

I'll have to take some shots of what we've done so far so that when its Spring and everything is green, you'll be able to see the differences.

Knitting... I haven't been knitting on anything this week. I have poison oak on my hands and arms. It really sucks big time. If I go out and work in the yard, I start to sweat and it just makes it worse. So, after finishing the one planting today, I've stopped working out there. When mom gets home, I might try to do some work again, but I don't know if I'm going to be much help. I'd like to get some more work done today. For one, I'd like to get the Irish Moss planted.

I think I better get out there and take some pix. Oh wait, Don has the cat trap set up. Dang it, I can't go out there and work. The Ogre is cranky as it is, I don't need him getting any more pissed off at me. I guess on that note, I will wait for mom to get home, that way it will be her fault the cats aren't taking the bait.






1 comment:

Stacy said...

I love the new look of your blog! Sorry if I forget to comment but I always read it. I can't wait to see what it looks like when everything is blooming!