Saturday, March 7, 2009

Planting trees

Today started pretty well. It was 58 degrees in the house this morning, so I built a fire. Now it is warmer, almost to warm.

While I waited for it to warm up outside, I worked in knitting the Woodsman Ted socks. They are going to be very nice socks. Once I've got a couple inches done, I'll post pix.

Once the weather warmed up outside, I went out and planted 4 trees while done did some chipping with his golf net. He has 26 balls that he chips into a net from about 30 feet or more.

Funny, when mom isn't home, Don and I get along so much better. We either ignore each other or we find something in common to talk about. I guess we are constantly battling for her attention, anyway that is what Stacy says. I mostly think she is right.

Now, I'm having a rest. I have 3 more trees to plant, but I just don't think I am going to get to them today. Michael, my step-brother, brought us 10 tulip trees that he dug up from his yard. Since we really like that kind of tree, it was a nice surprise to receive them. He says he has more when we are ready for them, but I just don't know where to put them, if he does bring us more.

I also have about 30+ daylillies to plant, 24 cannas, and 12 agapanthus. I am not sure where I am going to put them all, but I am going to try to get them all near where we have existing water lines. Granted, with our recent drought that we are having, there may not be any water to give these plants. Though, if I have to, I will stop the tub drain and save my shower water to give to the plants. And, on the days I don't work, I'll even give up showers to water the plants. As it is, we are using less water anyway, because mom gets her showers at the gym after she works out. Hmmm.... we could start using paper plates to reduce water usage, but that goes into paper use... Meh, screw the rest of the planet, I want water for my garden.

This all pales to the fact that I am now 3 weeks without hours at work with no explination. I am planning on calling the big boss to make an appointment to discuss why this is happening to me. Three weeks is just to long to go without hours. To top it off, my last check was only 4 hours. 4 hours isn't even enough money to cover gas, let alone any other living expenses. If it weren't such a small world, I'd go stand out on a corner somewhere with a cardboard sign. I've heard that they make nearly $700.00 a day just standing there. That just blows my mind.

A friend who is a security guard chased off 2 women who pulled their cardboard signs out of the back of a jaguar. He watched them go out near the corner of Hiltop and Cypress, then when someone started to give them money, he spoke up about their nice car. The charitable person suddenly wasn't so charitable and snatched their money back before driving away. When the girls became angry, he made them leave the premises. He saw them again later, but I don't remember the rest of the story. The point is, they were driving a 60k plus car. Holy Crappola!!!

I wonder if I drove down to Chico or someplace, if anyone would recognize me? Granted, in these economic times, I'm probably spend 30 in gas to get there and back, but only make 10 bucks. Though, I could make a photography trip out of it to help cut the cost. Go early in the morning, take my pix, then go find a corner to stand at that is far enough away from my car that I wouldn't get caught like those 2 girls did. My luck, I'd get arrested.

No comments: