Monday, March 2, 2009

When I got home today after visiting Walgreens and Petsmart, this is what was in my mail box. It is yarn that I had ordered from an Indy dyer just before leaving for Stitches West this last week.


The yarn was wrapped in silver with a pretty black and white ribbon. The back of the note had a personal message to me.


And this is what was inside the silver paper. The yarn is called Alice in Wonderland. It is inspired by the colors of Alice's dress and the black ribbon in her hair.


A look at the yarn with a white background. The silver paper gave it a slightly different look.


A much closer look reveals a saturated blue. It is a bit darker than Alice's dress really would be, but that is okay. I like it dark. Makes me think a bit about the Resident Evil series, since Alice is loosely based on the Alice in Wonderland's Alice.


One last shot of the yarn close up. I can't wait to knit something with this. It has to wait until I get Ted's, Joshua's and Cathy's socks done first though.

1 comment:

brownII2 said...

That is gorgeous!!!! How much for a pair of sox out of that???? I'll pay!!!!!!!!!